Thursday, October 8, 2020

Unity Tutorial 01

I have completed the first set of Unity tutorials and I’m actually feeling a lot better about them now than when I started off. At the beginning I felt very intimated by the idea of creating a game as I have never really been particularly into gaming and have no experience working with programmes like this. Seeing how much there was to do was very daunting and I feel quite proud now that I was actually able to make something that works, even if it is only something simple.  


I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy the tutorials were to follow. I loved that each one had an introduction and a concluding video just to make sure everything is clear, it was a really good way to be introduced and eased into each tutorial and to make sure I had done everything necessary. The man in the videos seemed really nice and moved at a good pace that was easy to follow. All of this along with the written instructions underneath each video just made the whole thing really clear, concise and helped me to actually enjoy the process of creating the game. I did get a little confused at times but this was mostly due to the fact I’m still quite new to using a Mac, so it took me a bit longer to do a couple things.  


Overall, it was a really enjoyable experience and I’m looking forward to progressing and learning how to make my own more complicated games.  


Here's a screenshot from the end of tutorial 1.3 where I chose a colour for my screen when the game is playing 

(This image is my own)


Thanks for reading :) 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie! Just read your blog and it was very well written and very descriptive. Glad you found the software a lot better now after you completed the tutorials. I agree with what you say about the video and the man moving at a good pace as I myself found that helpful too. Also I like the purple you are using for when you are in game mode :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first Unity tutorials were fun and interesting to do. I think it’s really cool that we have the opportunity to learn a new program and then create our own game. I think the tutorials were very well explained and helpful. I also looking forward into learning more about Unity so I can be more comfortable with it and then hopefully be able to create my own game. Enjoy the rest of Unity.

    ReplyDelete

doing