Thursday, October 1, 2020

Introduction to me

Hi and welcome to my blog, sadly I don't have some amazing extraordinary story to tell of my life but i'll try to seem as interesting as I can. I'll start with the basics I guess, my name is Sophie I'm 19 years old and I live in East Wall, Dublin. Honestly I think the most exciting thing about me is my dog, his name is Derek and he's a puggle. He's also a little demon sometimes who loves to try eat my shoes. 

This is derek the first day we got him
(my own image)

I've always been pretty creative and into art, i would do after school art classes throughout school and almost every birthday and Christmas included some sort of new art supplies. This was my thing, I was the artistic one in my house and my brother, the actor of the family. My older brother got into acting at around age 9, I always loved this because it meant I would get to take a day off school here and there to go visit the sets. I think this is where i began to find out i had an interest in film and photography. While he was in front of the camera I was mesmerised standing in the back watching the crew. People would constantly ask me "Sophie would you ever get into acting?", I should also probably mention that i was usually that shy type of kid who hid behind my mam so this question always seemed silly to me, but of course however no one is going to ask the 7 year old little girl "would you want to be one of the people working behind the scenes?".  I do think its funny now that its worked out this way, I'm now studying to be one of those behind the scenes people that i always loved to watch and my brother Scott is still acting. Maybe one day we'll get to work on a project together, who knows? 

As for college, I'm pretty happy where I'm at. When I was in 6th year I honestly had no clue what I was going to do with my life and its fair to say I was kind of terrified, that is until my friend Aoibhe said theres this course I should look at that she thought I might like. I liked the sound of it and stuck it at the top of my CAO application and now myself and Aoibhe are here today studying CDM together. I was really lucky in that sense where i started college with a friend already and it was someone id been friends with since age 12 in 1st year so that definitely took away some nerves. Thankfully i made even more friends though and I'm really glad to have gotten such a good group of people to spend the next few years with. I love how much is covered in the course and how it includes so many of my favourite hobbies and really allows you to express yourself. As I mentioned earlier I've always loved art and im glad i get to do it productively... although I still do it just to fill time for myself too, i tend to just paint on my bedroom when I get bored. 

Some of my boredom paintings
(all my own images)

I think you've learned enough about me for now so thanks so much for reading and I'll leave you with one last picture of Derek :)

(my own image)


12 comments:

  1. Hey Sophie, first of all, very cute dog , secondly i love the idea you bring up about how kids only get asked if they want to get into big, fame producing jobs rather than "normal jobs" , just an interesting thought. I always find it fascinating hearing about how people came to be where they are so it's pretty cool how you and a good friend managed to both end up in the same place together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sophie, not going to lie I came here Derek and I don't think that will offend you. Talked to you a good bit during last year and had no idea you and Aoibhe were friends before the course. I've seen you posting your art pictures on instagram before and they're so good! Good luck this semester and hopefully see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie, nice to meet you- cutie dog Derek. I really liked to read your profile, and I am happy to get a chance to see all your amazing art works. You are a Talent. To be honest - a little bit jealous, (kidding). Hope to see more of your art works in future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie, Who are you again??? I wasn't planning on posting on your blog as we are friends but you came up in the randomiser!!! Derek is so much cuter than you. I am so grateful that you came to college with me and that we are continuing our journey together. I would have been lost without you started college even though you were late on the first day and made me feel anxious not gonna lie !! Your blog is really well laid out. Keep being you chicken xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie, Im just going to say that your dog Derek is too cute and he definitely do not look like the type to bite shoes😂. And I love Art too, your paintings are very nice, I really like the painting at the back of that guitar, well done on that. Hopefully one day you will successfully do a nice project with your brother. -Tochi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sophie, Firstly Derek is so Damn Cute!!!!!!!! Your art in your room is amazing. It's so cool how you have always wanted to be someone in the background it's honestly very refreshing to hear someone saying that!! IO think we spoke a few times in first year. I have a feeling you and your brother will make one pretty amazing project together one day.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sophie, Its Ellen x I really enjoyed reading your blog post it says a lot about you, your dog is so gorgeous !! Im glad you were able to find good friend in first year considering it was cut so shot because of corona. I hope online college is going well for you and good luck with the year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sophie, I liked your introduction. I see you have a dog and like to paint as well. Your paintings look very nice, I used to paint a lot of landscape not on walls though but moved more to sketching and oil pastels lately. Your dog looks like he brings a lot of positivity in your life. Goodluck in second year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sophie great blog post! Derek is very cute!! Loved learning more about you and I am so glad your finding college okay, Your paintings are so good, sometimes I paint when I'm bored too even though I'm not very good at it! I really hope you and your brother make something cool one day! miss you lots x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sophie, I liked reading your introduction to who you are. I find it very cool that you just decide to paint the walls of your bedroom , I think it makes you very impulsive. Its nice to see that you and your family members seem to be very artistic and creative. I felt the same way in 6th year, I didn't know what to do in college but i'm happy with where I am. All the best, Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sophie great blog, learned a lot about you in such a short space of time, probably only 5 minutes!!! Your art work is amazing really cool stuff, your really talented. It's great you came from a creative family and got the chance to explore your creative side growing up. Derek is so cute I've never seen a puggle, he looks like he's up to no good. Anyway was great to get a sneak peak into your life, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sophie , its Mia
    I really enjoyed reading introduction blog post. Your dog Derek is so cute! Your blog is written so well and the layout is great! Its great that you had a friend to start college with that must of been great. Your paintings are great you seem to be very creative.
    Best of luck this semester and hopefully we are back on campus soon.

    ReplyDelete

doing