Thursday, October 15, 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

 I have finished the unity tutorials for this week, tutorial 1.4 was quite fun because it was finishing the car game. I felt great after last week's tutorials because I was learning how to use Unity but I’m feeling even better about this week because now I’m actually starting to understand it. It also felt really good to be able to use the game and drive the car, I never thought I would be able to create something like that before but now that I’ve done it (even if it is still fairly basic) I’m getting excited about making my own game for this module and maybe many more in the future.  

 

For the second part of this week's Unity task it was the plane programming challenge. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous going into this one as when I saw there were no tutorial videos I really didn’t have much faith in myself, I was extremely relieved to see the hints at the bottom of the page however. I did go into it thinking I’d try my best not to use the hints unless absolutely necessary ... It was absolutely necessary. The hints were super helpful, but I wasn’t able to figure out the bonus task so I did take a trip to google for that one.  

 

Overall, it was really interesting getting to figure out some new things on Unity and remind myself of what I learned last weekI’m feeling quite proud of the two games created and I am really looking forward to getting to be creative in making my own game. Here’s a screenshot from me playing the plane game when I got it all working.  

 

Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

doing