Sunday, November 29, 2020

Alpha

I spent just over 3 hours working on my project today, this is probably the week I have struggled the most with my project and annoyingly enough once I figured things out it seemed like silly little mistakes. I kept making minor mistakes that would take me forever to figure out. 

Overall I am still pretty happy with my progress so far I think the little mess ups here and there are what help me to learn and grow in this. My car drives smoothly along the road and is easily controlled, I have worked on adding more obstacles and making sure the car stops and the game ends when it hits them. I have added a timer to my game now too so that players can see how long they were driving for and maybe try to beat their score next time they play. 

I still need to add a couple more things like music to my game which I will be doing over the next week. I still haven't actually found the music I am going to use yet but I want it to be something upbeat and fun. I also want to continue working on the visuals in the game and maybe add in more obstacles and items to bring the game to life. Another thing I would like to include into my game might be a Game Over visual for when a player crashes into an obstacle



(screenshots taken from my game in Unity)

Thanks for reading :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, I just had a read through your Beta Blog. I can't see the game as the images won't load but I will take your word for it that it looks good. Well Done. I love the idea that if an obstacle hits the car that the game will end but I wonder could you give the player 3 lives ? Also Have you considered adding music to your game? I had never thought of using music until someone commented on my blog and I thought it would add to the feel of my game. I wish you my luck with completing your game and I look forward to seeing the final product. - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took a look at your alpha and for some reason I cant see the images on this post. I feel you usaly its the silly little mistakes that will get you essaply with the c#scripts. But all in all it sounds like an interesting game.

    ReplyDelete

doing