Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Review week Comments and Feedback

 Feedback in:

Receiving feedback has actually been quite an enjoyable experience for me and hopefully others feel the same way too. It's been a really great way for me to see my own ideas from other peoples perspectives and to separate myself from my project for a moment, I think when you're working so closely with a project for so long its hard to see the flaws and what can be improved. You need to take a step back, take a break and see it "with fresh eyes", this can be really difficult to do sometimes so having other people get to see your process and give you feedback is extremely helpful in cases like this. Personally I have found the feedback really useful, as it has reinforced my prior confidence in some areas and also given me suggestions on ways to improve. 


Feedback out:

Before this module I would have been very wary of giving feedback to other people as I was always afraid to come across mean so I would avoid it at all costs, which I know is helpful to absolutely no one in the situation but I never wanted to hurt anyones feeling or give bad advice. This module has seriously helped me with that though, I think it was great that we were given readings on how to properly give feedback instead of just being thrown into it, this is something I greatly appreciate about this module, it taught us how to correctly give feedback and then allowed us to implement this new skill and practice and improve on it each week. This also is a skill that I have already found to be useful in other modules too and something that will definitely be of benefit to us after college when we're working. 


Blog Comments:

I think the blog comments have actually been a great way to connect with classmates, especially with how everything is in the world at the moment we are at a bit of a disadvantage in terms of the social aspect of college life. Normally we would be forced into lecture halls and labs together where we can all chat and get to know each other but with corona-virus of course this hasn't been the case for us however, with our introduction posts I have learned things about people that never would have just come up in the casual conversation on the way to the canteen. So in one way we're at a loss but in another sense we've gotten to know some people better than we might have in the college. I also think that reading through and interacting with comments can be quite an uplifting experience for people especially in this time where we are not getting to see as many people. Outside of the introduction post though I don't think people would really get much of a sense of me as a person but more so just the work I'm doing.


Looking Forward:

Honestly I don't think theres much that could improve my experience with the comments and feedback as I have had quite a positive experience so far. From now I would just like to improve on giving more detailed feedback to my classmates to help improve their projects in any way I can. 

We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve. - Bill Gates | Sem made this with Spoken.ly

(Image found on pinterest at- https://pin.it/ZqhmI13)


Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

doing