Thursday, November 5, 2020

Unity Tutorial 05

 For this weeks tutorial we did Unit 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 in these we learned how to create an endless side-scrolling runner game which included new skills like jumping over obstacles. I found this weeks tutorials really interesting because it was something quite new and different to what we've done so far but also very difficult for the same reasons. The videos are great to follow along to, especially with the instructions included written below too however, I did have to re watch a good few of the videos a couple of times to catch what needed to be done but I got there in the end thankfully. 

I'm really looking forward to finishing off unit 3 and getting to add some sound to the game because I think this is a really important element of any game, i think it will really bring the game up a notch and make it much more enjoyable to play. Gaining this skill will also be extremely useful for making my own game for the project. Each week doing these tutorials makes me even more excited to get my own game created and adds to my motivation for it because I'm constantly gaining confidence within Unity.

Thanks for reading :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sophie! just finished reading your thoughts on this weeks Unity tutorials. I know what you mean about having to rewatch some of the videos again to get things working right. I am also looking forward to finishing off the third unit of these tutorials and then implement the skills I have learned to my game, hopefully both of our games work out and are as we imagined!
    ~John

    ReplyDelete

doing