Thursday, October 22, 2020

Unity Tutorial 03

I have finished this weeks unity tutorials, Lesson 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 and I really enjoyed them, the aim of these tutorials was to create an animal stampede game in which you have to feed the animals coming towards you.


I did struggle a little bit with this tutorial as my c#script had a small error in it and when I tried to play the game it wouldn't work and kept telling me "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!". Thankfully it was only a simple mistake where I had accidentally written a word starting with a lowercase letter instead of a capital letter so this was easily overcome however, it did take me quite a while to figure this issue out. I re watched the video a few times trying to see where I had maybe missed a step only to realise I hadn't been looking closely enough at the code. I think I learned a valuable lesson here about how specific and precise the code needs to be and I will definitely keep this in mind as I progress through the module. 

I was very glad to be back to video tutorials this week instead of having to figure it out myself like the plane challenge last week. As usual the videos are really easy to follow along to and the written instructions underneath are super helpful! Each time I do a new unity tutorial it makes me even more excited about making my own game. 

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

doing