Tuesday, November 24, 2020

week 9 Reading and Writing

 Looking back on the reading tasks they weren't something I was particularly excited about at the beginning but rather I thought would be okay for me as English was my best subject in school. I did find them bearable and having a video included as part of it really helped me to understand the topics each week. The academic style papers were a little hard to understand at times because they used a lot of language and terminology I wouldn't have been familiar with up until this point, which is why I found the videos so helpful as they were much more simple and had visuals to support and further explain what they were trying to communicate. These reading tasks become much easier when we started doing them as a group and I thought it was great to get everyone's opinions and interpretations of the topics as they would notice some things that I wouldn't have when I was doing it by myself. I also think these group sessions helped me get better at pulling the most important information out of the readings without having to spend too long on them and to then end up over-analysing them. 

(img from pinterest- https://pin.it/4fmCq2f )

This is my favourite Image I've used in a reading blog so far because I feel like it was really useful in helping me to understand the design process. I have seen a lot of different ways of explaining the design process, some of which go more in depth and include more steps, whereas others simplify this even more and have less steps, but personally I found this one to work best for me and it there was enough in it without overcomplicating each area that needs to be completed. I also found that visually it was good at helping explain, I liked how it had the main headings easy to see, for when I just want to look back over it and remind myself what's to be done but also had the explanations where necessary for a first time viewer. 

Looking forward, I am really excited for what is to come and seeing my own and other peoples games coming together using the things we have learned from these tasks each week. going forward I would like to engage even more in the reading tasks by putting more of my opinion into the group sessions, at first I was a little wary about adding to the document if I wasn't 100% confident in what I was writing but I think the fact that its anonymous and doesn't show on the screen who wrote what it has helped me be more comfortable in engaging with the task. There isn't anything I can think of that could be changed to improve my experience any further other than my own engagement which I will work on. 

I am also super excited for semester 2 and to see what the second half of this module will have to offer, I've already learned and achieved much more here than I ever thought possible for myself so that's really great and speaking in the even nearer future were getting closer to Christmas!!  

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

doing